Jammin'

'told you it'll be an interesting day...

i went to one of the holiest shrines of my life, and i came to check out for a possible job opening.
My afternoon schedule took me the studio where Solar Sports Desk and NBA Jam is shot. And i got to see everything needed to see. It was such an experience that i'm posting my pics.

Of course i had pictures taken!
What's a camera phone for if not for these occasions?

Yeah, i auditioned for a spot as a sports writer. and why wouldn't i? it's like getting paid to do the things that will get me fired somewhere else... like browsing the internet for scores, checking the mvp race, and stuffing the All-Star ballot box with Kings players.

Anyway, i came in early (i seem to be doing that a lot these days) and was handled by Noel, the Executive Producer. They were all a friendly bunch and were blunt enough to tell me beforehand in my invite email that there are no openings for now, but they are keeping tabs just in case.

I got to meet Vito and Reema, the hosts, and surprisingly, they were both friendlier than expected. I got to share my Kings obsession with a fellow SacTown fan, although he admitted his affection diminished with the trade of Peja to Indiana yesterday (i should write an eulogy about this).

Anyway, as my interview concluded at the canteen, Noel asked me to do a VTR "just in case." After refusing 4 times, i gave in to the last invite and happily mugged in front of the camera. The news i was asked to deliver was about the trade, and so i did a couple of ad libs of my own.

In between, i asked the crew to take some shots of me in the studio.

I was smiling the whole time i was going down Antipolo. I don't harbor any illusions about getting a job in Solar Sports at any time, but even for half a day, i hung around the studio and felt great. Here was a bunch of people talking about some of the things i love.

This is why i love this game. This game called life.

You never know what you have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits