The Curious Case of the Waiting Room Waiting Time

"We are currently attending to patients who need our help more urgently. Your patience is appreciated"
- sign at the doctor's office


I'm well and good with that, but honestly, I come to the doctor's office at the first sign or symptom so I don't have to need your help more urgently.

The waiting time, i have it figured down to an exact science:

Average waiting time = 1 hour to arrive earlier than the schedule + 1 hour to wait for the doctor to arrive after his/her official clinic hours have started +  2 hours waiting for the patients who seem to be earlier than you no matter how early you arrive.

Then the consultation lasts for 5 minutes tops... we can't afford to keep the others waiting long.

Which is still good.

Even if the good doctor glances at my records, suggests a couple of tests, and asks me to come back again in two weeks.

"Only then we'll know for sure."

So now I know why you have to wait for the medical team to attend to urgent cases. It started as normal but the damn waiting time plus the back and forth led to complications and eventually tachycardia or whatever condition is on House MD.

Here's my surefire advice on getting the best medical care:
1. BE HEALTHY
2. DON'T BE SICK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits