Somebody stop me

i really don't make sense.

i create a blog, write all my deepest darkest (but publishable) thoughts - on anything: reporting blow-by-blow accounts of tiffs with workmates, air frustrations on friends, rip off well-intended events, and write bone-dry travel guides.

Then, somebody asks me for a work sample and i casually mention i have a blog. They ask, i cutely resist, then give out the URL.

I don't hear from them again. Not an even a Don't Reply rejection letter. Does reading a few entries make them realize i'm not exactly team player material?

Now that i thought about it: I hope not, i don't rip off anyone because i'm Migraine Boy or a hatemonger. I usually am a passive, give-in person who never exactly wins a heated argument, especially at the office. I air my gripes through this pixel powered journal. But it's meant for me. It doesn't impair on my ability to write articles, direct a production, develop marketing strategies, or summarize an entire book.

After all, i didn't start this blog to promote the idea im a good idea. But maybe that's where the problem is...

Comments

Kitty Litter said…
Uy naman. Akala ko personal ito and for samples only :) napaaga yata ang midlife confidence crisis mo. if it's any consolation, ganyan talaga ang nagtatransition. plus you've been working hard for over a decade now, so why not relax?

May cure jan: go out and get them jobs. Kung payag ka nga we need a full time copy editor at the bulletin kaso nakakahiya mag-alok cause the pay is low. Failing that, kain tayo :)

Eh may iaasign akong article for you next month: What makes me adore a woman? It's for the rotating men's section sa magazine namin. Payag ka? :)
Kai said…
Never refer to your blog for work referral, if you ask me. If it's really for personal consumption, keep it at that.

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Pass it on