Seeking Some Kings

it's been almost a month and i haven't added anything to my Sacramento Kings collection.

It's more than lack of money -- supporting a collection usually involves extra money. However, even though inflow is good (even great at times) after i decided to fly solo, i realized the first pitfall of business: the unreliability of collecting. Some clients are cool and pay as soon as you deliver, but there are some where you have to spend additional expenses in cell charges just to get them to notice you and your billing.

I am at a loss on where to get more stuff. I have long given up this country as Lakers-Bulls-Rockets-Cavaliers territory. The popularity of past champions and emerging superstars have also led to the availability of the Pistons, Spurs, Nuggets and Heat.

Where does that leave my beloved team? SM sports an NBA store where they sell everything - sandos, undershirts, mugs, head/wristbands, keychains, sports bottles, towels, socks, and caps that flash your favorite NBA team in all its glory. The NBA saleslady knows me by face since i always for anything new for my team.

Tragically then and now, the only Kings item they feature are socks. Would i be interested to buy a Lakers towel instead? Or a Cavaliers mug?

I bought socks of course. And i was more interested in burning the mall than buying anything made for the hated Lakers.

Dakki, a well-known Pinoy exporter, specializes in NBA accesories - jersey headrests, throw pillows, blankets, pillowcases, beanbags, and towels.

They have a nice Kings throw pillow. Nothing else.



Of course, i can still get more from the internet and get my order in 3 days. But that entails big moolah, something i'm not prepared at this stage. i need all the stash i can get, with lean months almost certain to happen.

I do like the fact some friends drop by and give me a Kings-anything. I don't really mind if they're a blatant imitation - it's always the thought that counts. Plus, the admittance that they weren't really looking but found one then remembered me takes the cake.

Helping you with your collection is an opportunity for your friends to shine without trying.

----
epilogue: since posting this, managed to add a couple of basketball cards featuring long-departed Kings players and a travel mug. I wasn't looking, but somehow i found them...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Pass it on