Little Conversations

The little conversation
Is over very soon
And I watch in admiration
From my corner of the room.
They shine on you with starry eyes...
They rain a friendly storm.
Like kids around a christmas tree
And then you smile all nice and warm

The little conversations
If I tried my very best
You know I never could say anything
In twenty words or less.
Somewhere, sometime, down the line
Someday I may confess,
And spill it all. that’s all

The little conversations
On me are very rough
They leave me all in pieces
You know there’s never time enough
Like a book with missing pages
Like a story incomplete
Like a painting left unfinished
It feels like not enough to eat.
Starvin’

These little conversations
Well for me they’ll never do
Now what am I supposed to do with
Broken sentences of you?
I’ll stay in my corner `cause
That’s all that I can do
And let the others speak for me.
Little conversations
Are we.

- Concrete Blonde

The hell, i think i'm writing a blog, but all i'm doing is making reviews for cool songs.

Comments

Kai said…
Where's Julia Fordham?

CWN greatly influenced you? How come I never came across it, et. al.?
iceman said…
CWN is an Irish new wave band that flourished in the 80's. My guess is that you were steeped up listening to the Mellow Touch or MRS during those years.

If you remember, my previous email address is cactusworld@usa.net

As for Julia Fordham, i'm a bit hesitant to identify my life with the lyrics of "porcelain," "girlfriend" or the uber favorite "love moves in mysterious ways."
Kai said…
Yeah, I got the feeling it would be too icky for you, but I was thinking of East-West....

Wala Mellow Touch or MRS sa Pangasinan, heheheh

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits