The hiding RAM, the lying moon, and the unfiring of pluses and minuses

damn PC at home is on the fritz again. was trying to repair my cd-rw drive when i chanced upon my RAM and decided to wipe it clean. now i have two 128MBs but only 128MB is showing in my system. when will i learn by heart the adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

anyway, i think i'll be getting some neat upgrades for christmas. we're looking at 512MB RAM, a new DVD drive, and some kick ass speakers. ho ho ho and a bottle of rum...

---We interrupt this blog for an important reply---

I told the starry sky to wait for you
I told the wind to sigh like lovers do
I even told the night you were true
And you would be here soon
And now I'm lying to the moon
- Trisha Yearwood

this time though, the moon is lying to me.

again.

by definition, truce is a cessation from all hostilities.
i haven't been hostile for over a month. what do i need a truce for?
that was then. this is now.

and
i still can't,
and i won't
trust again
...especially when you ask me for a truce but sing songs for someone else. kinda taxes my intelligence.

not that i care though.

i hope this answers any future inquiries. i'm sick of unnannounced visitors to my planet.

---end of reply---ever---

now where was i?

surprise, surprise... i didn't get fired but felt actually appreciated during my fateful meeting earlier. and sigh! on the very same day a new prospective employer called and asked about my monthly wages...and no, i didn't lie about my gross income for once.

by adding and subtracting, i would say it's been a very solid year for yours truly. I managed to hold on to a job i don't really relish even if i broke countless rules and clashed with the idealogy. Sirius Black must've been proud of me.

let's list down the pluses and minuses of this job:

PLUSES:
  • Travel - i get lots, plus i get to drive north and south for hundreds of kilometers a time.
  • Car - not a bad way to go
  • moolah - not much, but i ain't complaining of poverty
  • a nice new office of my own - haven't moved in yet, but my Sacramento Kings memorabilia is ready and waiting.
  • non-sales job in a sales environment - im the ghost in the machine, what better way to celebrate my love for anonymity?
  • presentations once a month - i live for this and i get appreciated
MINUSES
  • work sucks
  • ego everywhere
  • non sales are 2nd class citizens - should they be?
  • expensive lifestyle - wearing a tie has its drawbacks
  • killer hours - really, it's like working for the CIA as the security detail
  • lots of time wastage due to horse-trading, foot-dragging, and blame-gaming
  • phony ideals and misplaced idiosyncrasies
  • too many rules, not enough monitors
  • dress codes - i can be twice as effective in black shirt and jeans.
  • elevators from hell - im not exaggerating. it cuts your lunch time by 30 minutes
  • money culture - i want my money here with me not spent

i don't really mind the stress, as i live for it. what i hate is the thinking part. sadly, my brain gets in the way most of the time.

i'll take care of that next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits