Resolutions, not revolutions

Maybe i could make 2006 a year of resolutions.

2005 was more of a revolution for me, and despite the maelstrom, i think i learned to use my brain and let less of my heart go out of my sleeve.

Since this is the last day of work, and i have tons of figures to work on, i'll make this quick and painless as possible.

Mission: Impossible 2k6
1. Quit Smoking (again)
I managed to do so for 3 years. Why can't i repeat my success?

2. Keep a significant stash in case of anything.
My personal bank account contains nothing but a pittance, which i withdraw almost as soon as i deposit.

3. Less heart, more brain.
Especially at the office. Damn the torpedoes, but i am much more effective as a worker when im impassive. And i should stop being paranoid. To all of you.

4. Keep my thoughts to myself - at least hold out for the maximum
Self-explanatory. Let their wheels turn instead of mine. I need to practice saying "It's none of my business" and really mean it.

5. Really not care about things i shouldn't
A derivative of #4. Lesser things to think about, lesser things to think about.
Duh.

6. Buy more CDs.
I stopped buying pirated audio 2nd half of 2005. If you like the artist, give money. And you save on viruses too.

7. Keep the weight down and be more physical
This is a piece of cake. Im down to 32 from a 34 and i seriously do more. And i'll try to play basketball more often and with gusto.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody! 2006 may be just another year, but you never know, it could be yours...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits