Red Crab, Yamagata, and the FedEx guy

This is not the greatest of times to post this newest lyrics installment, but i only got the singer and title right last night as i was locking the car door. had a wonderful dinner over red crabs and shrimp and white wine, then off to a slice of plain cheesecake. unfortunately, either my contact lenses or the white wine, or the crab fat gave me a headache and we had to excuse ourselves at midnight for a much needed shuteye.

anyway, this is rachel yamagata, some chicago singer who i don't know previously. thanks to her deep insight, i don't have to write something about this anymore. i edited it a bit to reflect my gender biases.

merry christmas to all, and to all a good night!

----unchristmassy insert---

Worn Me Down
Gone - (he’s) gone.
How do you feel about it?
That’s what I thought.
You’re real torn up about it.
And I wish you the best
I could do without it
And I will because you’ve worn me down
Oh, I will because you’ve worn me down

Worn me down like a road.
I did everything you told.
Worn me down to my knees.
I did everything to please you.
But you can’t stop thinking about (him).
No, you can’t stop thinking about (him).
And you’re wrong. You’re wrong.
I’m not overreacting.
Something is off.
Why don’t we ever believe ourselves?
And I, oh I, I feel that word for you.
And I will because you’ve worn me down.
And I will because you have worn me down.

Worn me down like a road.
I did everything you told.
Worn me down to my knees.
I did everything to please.
But you can’t stop thinking about (him).
No, you can’t stop thinking about (him).
(He’s) so pretty.
(He’s) so damn right.
But I’m so tired of thinking about (him), again, tonight.

Worn me down like a road.
I did everything you told.
Worn me down to my knees.
I did everything to please you.
Worn me down like a road.
I did everything you told me to do.
But you, you can’t stop thinking about (him).
No, you can’t stop thinking about (him).
No, you can’t stop thinking about (him).
No, you can’t stop thinking of (him).

- Rachel Yamagata

i hope this explains it the best way i could. i really want to move on and enjoy what i have right now.

---
Epilogue

Wonder of wonders, my package arrived earlier this morning without us expecting it. Nel opened the door and saw the FedEx guy and was so surprised that they stared at each other for about 2 minutes. I was in the john at the time and when i got downstairs, she surprised with a "Surprise!"

I spent the whole morning rearranging my collection and clearing space. Then i spent a few more minutes staring at the wall at my new additions.

Christmas is such a lovely time of the year for pleasant surprises. Thank you FedEx people, you really do live to deliver.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits