On bathing, base desires, and bridges

funny what showers can do to you.

i was busy lathering up and soaping myself when i realized that some(at least three) of my favorites songs curiously had the word "alone" to it:
Leave Me Alone (New Order)
I Alone (Live)
Better Off Alone (Alice Deejay)

Not to be defensive, but the songs above have another thing in common: they don't use the word "alone" in a negative, pitiful way. They're not crying loneliness, but rather prefer a solitary status.

so it goes.

--

Today also marks the confirmation of a long standing rule: never talk to someone either tired, sick or hungry. And especially never shoot the breeze with one who is all three.

Tired, hungry, and sick people will never understand anything you say. Baser desires like food and rest press into their consciousness, throbbing like a migraine.

It will always end up as a waste of bandwidth.

---

despite my pronouncements on the freedom of being.. er... uh, free, clouds are fast approaching. events are taking shape at this moment that will probably push me back to the world of cubicles and coffee breaks, meetings and managers, buildings and bitchings.

will that make me a sellout?

Like what a former boss told me "I'll cross that bridge and burn it."

Comments

Kai said…
Yeah, sellout. Defensive, too. What's up?

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Pass it on