Formal Separation

due to creative differences, i have decided to part ways with my computer keyboard.

every time i open my PC, i have to wait two hours for my keyboard to settle down. Until then, she (PC peripherals are feminine - they talk among themselves in a language i don't understand, they require expensive maintenance and upgrades, you have to know which buttons to push to turn them on, etc.) spews garbage characters every time i type. So e becomes e91, t becomes t-3 (then opens the search window), i becomes i6 then tabs to the next button. Oddly enough, the malady only affects the first alpha line (qwertyuiop).

AAAAAR02R02R02R02R02GGH! T-3hi 6s i 6s t-3he91 pi 6t-3s!

despite a number of proferred solutions, the problem still persists. I tried virus scans, spyware removal, pranic healing and american indian war chants. Each one to no avail. I tried to get her into counseling, but when i tried to email for an appointment, she muddled up the message and opened the Control Panel.

I never foresaw this coming. She was initially cooperative when we first met on the job. She was a bit guarded shy and during our first few times alone together, and i would have to make extra efforts to get the message across. After a few months though, we felt comfortable with each other and i felt like she could read the thoughts from my mind and auto-type them for me.

Sadly, i noticed the small changes lately. She would light up at the smallest excuse, and would tell me bluntly of my failures. Worst of all, she doesn't understand me, and prefers to believe what she knows rather than what im trying to express. Soon, she was putting letters and words into my mouth.

Since she decided to have a life of her own, and ignore my innermost thoughts ad verbatim, we made a heart-to-heart discussion earlier. I told her that things aren't working quite like i wanted them to. I told her that's she's interpreting my thoughts and it affects my work. And that i don't really like having the final say all the time.

With heavy heart, i will have to start looking at other keyboards. I must move on with my life and search for someone else. And hope that she will listen to my innermost desires and attend to my needs. No explanations necessary.

Any available keyboards out there? Must be a perfect fit to the rest of the team. More importantly, must be unattached. Preferably 40wpm and accurate.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, I LOVE this!

There are many beautiful, efficient, great ones lying unnoticed... *wink*
iceman said…
that's why you should never take a keyboard for granted.
Anonymous said…
to be inconspicuous in a world brimming with attention-grabbers is a curse.

very few really know the value of second glances and closer looks.

no, i am NOT bitter. ha! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Name Game