Panic

Panic on the streets of QC
Panic on the streets of Ortigas

I wonder to myself
Could life ever be sane again ?

The EDSA streets that you slip down
I wonder to myself
Hopes may rise on the Circle
But Honey Pie, you're not safe here
So you run down
To the safety of the town
But there's Panic on the streets of EDSA
QC, Pasig, Makati
I wonder to myself...

Burn down the disco
Hang the blessed DJ
Because the music that they constantly play
IT SAYS NOTHING TO ME ABOUT MY LIFE
Hang the blessed DJ
Because the music they constantly play
On the EDSA streets that you slip down
Provincial towns you jog 'round
Hang the DJ,
Hang the DJ,
Hang the DJ
- with apologies to the Smiths, but nobody understands English geography here

I woke up in cold sweat earlier. Nel must have turned off the aircon again. Then, i realized something more pressing...

I'm about to suck it all in, and join the wonderful ranks of the Free...lancers.

Not for anything, but i guess my wonderful rate has made me unhireable at this stage. I keep getting thank you letters but that they're in the middle of cost-cutting. Whatever dudes... hiring guys always make the same mistake: they bargain during the interview and make it the absolute basis in hiring someone.

I always believed in the fair deal. You want diesel, you buy diesel. It's cheaper, it's readily available. But prepare for the smoke and the engine burn in less than 5 years. If you want an engine purring like a contented kitten, buy a gasoline engined car and fill it up with Blaze.

You'll notice the way the car handles itself while driving -- at any point. Now, is that cause for going cheap?

Anyway, i realized i won't be getting a lot of nods in the corporate world, as they've seen too little of me in too many companies. Fortunately, even if i hadn't squirelled away enough moolah, i still have enough projects to last me until next month. So i realized i could make this into a real gig.

Which explains why im panicking.

Im entrusting my future to myself.

You've all read this far into my blog. Wouldn't you panic as well?

Comments

Kai said…
It's brave. I wish I could...

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits