Everything has an expiration date, including me

i ran into an recently-old friend via Yahoo Messenger earlier, and she was taken by our previous chat topic that she wholesaledly cut portions of it and posted it on her blog. How a simple conversation blossomed into a full blog topic is beyond me, but i guess i'm missing the big picture.

It got me into thinking that this blog experience, while bordering on relative anonymity, is really a vanity showpiece for the select few you honor by giving out your URL

or Not.

I prefer my blog as it is. While generic most of the time, i leave enough cryptic clues to specific targets so that only they may get the message.

-
Let's talk about account servicing... and speaking of messages, here's a scenario:

Imagine presenting to a client with all aplomb and getting favorable reactions (like you caught the normally reserved client on a good day). You even go so far as to have the client sign an MOA. Inexplicably, you let a week (not a weekend) pass without getting back to the client...not even an advisory.

Should the client still honor the agreement? Granted there was a clause in the agreement that both could think it over during the weekend after the pitch and decline. If you don't hear any negatives, then the deal is on. In my case, i was the client - and despite not hearing negatives, there were no positives and follow-ups as well.

So, since i'm the client, im withdrawing and going back to my reliable supplier pool.

It only follows that you don't want to deal with the shady agent again. Even after letting them come in unannounced countless times previously.

I've been spendin' way too long checkin' my tongue in the mirror
and bendin' over backwards just to try to see it clearer
my breath fogged up the glass
and so I drew a new face and laughed
thanks for the offer though. But you probably just caught me at a good mood.
unfortunately, even poisons have expiration dates.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits