Boss Yourself Now - Ask Me How!

for someone who just escaped the 830 to 6 shift because of constricting methods in time and output, here i am typing up this entry somewhere in Makati on a Sunday dusk. Why? Because i have work to do.

I just spent 3 consecutive all-nighters finishing up on a research document that should pay off in the form of money and additional contacts -- provided i do right. This was after an intense session of straight editing for another client.

I realized that being your own boss also means being your own driver, messenger, secretary and clerk. Not to mention janitor. Anyway, this setup keeps my overhead low and with a few more projects in the next few days, i might just out-earn my previous full time gig.

The perks are wonderful as well. I can oversleep, although i have yet to do so with the number of pending projects. I do have unrestricted access to the refrigerator and the cupboard, so breaktimes are always a possibility. Plus, whenever i get angsty, i can always go to the gym. Any time i want to -- provided i have no meetings or deadlines.

For now, i'll be content with just getting enough work to provide my quota - i have set a minimum i must surrender every month in order to maintain our spartan lifestyle. Anything in excess can feed my frenzy for the following:
1. Sacramento Kings memorabilia
2. Caps/Jerseys
3. Books or back issues of MAD
4. Black shirts
5. Basketball kicks
6. PC stuff

Life is what you make of it. From this day forth, mine is gonna be fun -- at the same time profitable.

--

This is to remind me to post an entry about the All-star game, my Bataan adventure, a visit to a Mondrianesque home, and shooting the chairman. Better late than never.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits