Garish Shoes and a stick named Stick

i've been meaning to document my recent experiences the past 2 months, but somehow, there are less compelling reasons to do so. apart from preserving memories from my recent trip to bacolod, my time-traveling sojourn to the eighties courtesy of a Super Dry event, even a wrestling special (yup, i finagled free tickets from my brother again), and various assortments of the dreary and not-so dreary, there is so much to tell, and no voice to speak of.

work isn't the culprit, as the last few weeks saw the end of spent budgets. No events, nothing much to do, so i busied myself with the unenviable task of sorting out the remaining tasks for the year. and helped out with some creative ventures to sister divisions like packaging and coke. of course, there are various company outreach programs fueled by this season to be jolly. in short, there's a spattering of work to be done, but not enough to be a valid excuse of not being able to blog.

i do have plenty of interesting distractions though...

first off, i am tormented with the prospect of not being to order Sacramento Kings stuff online for christmas. Simple reason that i already got ne's christmas gift allocation in the form of spanking new shoes for basketball. I badly need a new pair since three of my four pairs sported damaged soles, which would beg for my attention during the middle of games the past few weeks. The remaining pair was in good condition but was hopelessly snug, being a size 9 instead of the usual size 9.5.

You know what they say about big feet? Big shoes. and stubby toes in my case.

I got myself the shoes that speaks Me. The colorful kind. The kind that you like wearing on court but you do so sporadically since actual playing conditions might mar the nice finish. And yes, it's garishly bright yellow and powder blue and white. Just the way i like. Pity i couldn't find one in black and white and purple.

With the savings (i didn't go for the ultra high-end ones), i cleaned up my christmas budget by blowing it on a new cue stick. I was inactive in the billiard scene for more than a year and then out of the blue, i felt i'd like to play again. I guess the bowling fiasco made up my mind that i should concentrate on an alternate sport that's more beer-friendly. I do would like to keep playing bowling though.

Anyways, the night i got the cue stick (as a rule, both nel and i prefer keeping our gifts to each other unwrapped if it means that you'll appreciate the gift better), i spent half thenight decorating it with Kings decals. I had to open up my priceless Chris Webber bobblehead figure to get the decals, only to realize they were temporary tattoos. Too late to backtrack so i did apply them. Then i cut my remaining Kings car sticker and stuck the logo on the base. The remainder i mounted on the wooden case. Needless to say, the next night i tested my new toy and found it performs much to my satisfaction. I gave Rolli a nice run for his money and i think i got myself a basketball, beer and (now) billiard contemporary. Nel gave the cue stick a proper name by calling him Stick, and he's now part of the family that includes Car, House, etc.

Last night, i did manage to get out of the house around midnight and played billiards with my best friend, and despite the horrible start, i knew the game was for me to lose. Nice to have Stick to stick it to them. This is gonna be one hell of a pastime. Now if only i could have my shot back on a consistent basis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits