The Sound and the Fury

However healthy I make it sound in my previous dissertations, there comes a point when speaking out becomes all sound and no fury. This is the moment your emotional bank bleeds dry and you find yourself choking on the words you uttered.

This applies to most – ranting, raving, being resolute, and saying sorry.

Given enough minutes on the microphone – it soon becomes all sound and no fury.

Any way, I got my latest installment when I was surreptitiously awakened by a supposedly dry comment about this very blogspot. Yes! I do have an audience so it seems, but I seem to attract the wrong sort…those who can’t relate, and those who do.

Anyway, I got into a shouting match over SMS with the archangel herself, and at the last minute I couldn’t stop myself and let out my most vicious harangue to date. While it felt good again, it drained whatever emotions I have inside me and I flattened out like a helium balloon on comedy night.

It didn’t feel the same again. Regardless of the reaction (which was obvious and canned), it didn’t seem that great anymore. I must have hit my ceiling somewhere in between and left me out of breath.

Confused by my turn of events, I offered a truce at the latest moment allowed and expectedly got the cold shoulder. At least I let her decide on whether to end this nonsense once and for all or stay for the fireworks. Both may or may not happen. But the point is that the gauntlet has been thrown.

Like everything else in this maelstrom, it was all Sound and No Fury.





Comments

Kai said…
Where's the comment?

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits