Pass it on
Spent the last few weeks reading and rereading a 2004 year end issue of Esquire magazine, which I pilfered from one of the production outfits I've had the pleasure of working with. Talk about gratitude... Esquire surprisingly came not just as an easy read but a very very good one as well. The topics were a bit off center and the writers, well... they were gods in my eyes. How do you explain the story of a 42 year old dad setting up his apartment into an X-Box center and letting his kids practice until they're ready to face some real full-time gamers. And he did bring them to their headquarters - the Order of Light over at Memphis. Whether you're dad the writer, or the sons out to meet some role models, how much cooler can that get? Which brings me to my topic: will I make a great dad if ever? Spare me the pyschobabble bullshit about being a son of my father and that good traits and bad get passed on generations. They even have a name for it, if I recall my 80s Reader's ...

Comments
It's called "wheatfield with crows." Rumor has it that it was his last painting before he killed himself but it was shown he painted 9 more paintings before he went to the great beyond.