Mr. Fix-It

yep, sometimes being a jack-of-all-trades can be a good thing.

while i'm more successful at taking things apart more than getting them back together on, i kinda like the feeling knowing that you can fix things even if you're not really trained to do so. some of the things i was able to repair on my own include my first Playstation One, a couple of my cellphones when they display basic problems, my computers (work and home), the wifi server, simple car trouble, etc. You get the picture.

Not that i saved money by repairing things on my own. Like i mentioned, i often break more than i repair. It's just that nothing beats the feeling that you know what's wrong about something and have an inkling how to repair it.

I tried my hand at the 21 inch TV set lounging idly for months now and took it apart. I saw the problem and i have the tools. Believe me, some people have a toolbox, i have a toolshed. No wonder visitors keep calling me a tool.

Going back, i ripped the TV to its basic essentials and tried my hand at repairing it. It was a simple cable plug that somehow broke away from it reception box. I tried the old mighty bond shtick, which didn't work, and then brought forth the soldering iron, complete with memories of burnt fingers and unintended holes in my favorite shirts.

unfortunately, both plug and reception box are both idiot-proof and solder-proof, so this idiot wasn't able to weld the two into holy matrimony. I tried again and again, only to witness the plug snapping off yet again.

I put the TV back into the storage and plugged in my trusty 12 incher. I'll get another LCD for the room as soon as dinosaur comes out and begins to be cost-efficient.

Pity, i know what's wrong and how to fix it. It's just sometimes, even with the best of intentions, some things just don't want to get fixed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits