Hai Na Ku

Them Japanese. They have to do things differently all the time.

Everybody used to play with toy soldiers. Then, what did they do? They invented Voltes V and wreaked havoc on the consciousness of millions of Filipino Gen-Xers who suffered decades because some president banned the broadcast of the crucial last episodes.

When everybody was happy with talking and texting on their cellphones, they had to make it video capable. Soon, everybody wanted one.

I like my fish smothered in oil and golden brown. And what did Tokyo make trendy? Sushi and sashimi and maki. Now, it's not cool if you eat it fried.

The Japanese are
a bit weird considering
they eat raw fishes


And don't let me get started on Hello Kitty and Pokemon and Dragonball Z. Which brings me to my point. Even at poetry they had to do things different.

Haiku is a poem
where each line has a meter
Five syllables more...


Yes, the haiku. It's not much, but the 5-7-5 lines are designed to evoke strong emotional responses. Hmmm, let's try a few more...

My blog is uncool
Pile nonsense upon nonsense
and then click Publish


of course, the japenese didn't invent haikus for blogs, they're more of the weather type...

june month has arrived
tie down the furniture
before the flood comes


hmm. don't think that's what they had in mind. How about relationships?

i long to say this
the words dearest to my heart
can we split the check?


you called this morning
and broke my sad lonely heart
my phone bill is due


nah.

haiku is sacred
im milking this idea
too much with too few


yep, the japanese had it right. But i'll never get it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits