Praise you

Today's word of the day comes from a scented oils salesgirl from SM Megamall's lifestyle basement:

PAPURI

I was browsing for some vanilla scented oils earlier, as i wanted my favorite aroma wafting all over my office/attic so i can work in a more conducive (less smelly) setting. Noting the price of a small vial, i asked the intrepid salesgirl why the small 10ml bottle is 80 bucks compared to her neighbor's asking price of 50 (they have no vanilla so there).

She looked at me and told me bluntly: "Kasi special yan. Puwede mo ihalo sa kung anu-ano."

Hmm... My mind drifted off as i pictured pouring the valuable drops into anything i could reach: my favorite oil and garlic pasta, my contact lens solutions, the gas tank of the car, refilling ink for my printer, and even putting it in the wash to make our bedsheets soft and satiny. For 80 bucks, everything would come out smelling nice and heavenly...

Not to be, as I was rudely shaken off my reverie when ms. intrepid gave examples of where the drops can come in handy: not just for burning, but for reactivating other scented objects such as candles and papuri...

oh...

We've come a long long way together,
Through the hard times and the good,
I have to celebrate you baby,
I have to praise you like I should

- Fatboy Slim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits