Penance

Finally got the courage to act. I got fed up waiting for her to act normal so i left her for a someone else.

Yup, i'm typing on a spanking new keyboard. Alas, she can't be perfect, having wobbly legs, but hey i'll take her over the old bitch that used to stuff extra characters into my words.

Oh yeah, after months of researching, the probable culprit of this whole keyboard fiasco is attributed to the habit of eating or drinking in front of the keyboard. Any accumulated particles or moisture tends to make the wires go, er ... haywire. You get the drift. No more potato chip binges for me in front of the monitor. I'll use a spoon, a bowl and an extra side table. Hmm. Spooning clover chips into your mouth...sounds strangely inviting.

So, having the new input device should shave off at least 2 hours of unproductivenessand let me get on with my work quicker and with less distractions?

Right.

I spent a great part of the afternoon inexplicably cleaning the attic (where i work and where i stay the greater part of the day). Removed the old blinds and installed new ones, chucked the golf bag and clubs into the cabinet, arranged books, cleaning the bathroom, etc. All while trying to will myself into finishing what im supposed to be finishing. In the sweltering ovenlike heat in the 3rd floor, every drop of the hammer seems to have a calming effect on my nerves. Ironic, but masonry for the unitiated really seems like an act of penance. Almost done, and then i can work in peace... Four assembled blinds later, dust spirals downward and the walls display scars of my not so greatest hits. My monitor was graciously spared from flying concrete nails (it was on the whole time). Now if the DSL man would just arrive this week and install braodband, i have no reason to go down except eat and open the door to let nel in.

I promise to finish my article after posting this blog.

Don't get me wrong. A cleanup or enhancement in your working environment helps your improve your mood. Im beginning to be infatuated with the attic, and it pains me to think that we might have to move next year or so. Where else will i get the same habitat? I thrive in this kingly environment, and i strongly feel this is my territory and mine alone.

Comments

Kitty Litter said…
Ah, yes, the joys of procrastination. So which keyboard did you get?

I know what you mean. Here I am, I'm supposed to be cleaning out my office and I'm bugging you!

I breathlessly await an out-and-out funny post from you. You're the original Jokester, after all! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits