It's too early for a resolution

With only a few days before 2k11, yours truly is proud to say that he survived 2010 bruised, battered and with a renewed lust for life. How can i mix such polar opposites in one sentence? It's pretty much simple: Things are gonna get better. Not bound to get better, but will get better.

Over the years, i have grown to accept that most of my injuries - physical and otherwise, are of the self-inflicted kind, it would be fun to take a different mindset, especially if you're fast approaching 40, with a year-old son who has already usurped your title as King of the Curious.

Part of the solution is straightforward. I'm not saying its easy, but it's not rocket science either:

Let things go. While it's fun to probe and analyze and reverse engineer, it's even fun to just savor the moment. That way, I avoid making me...

(lead into song..)

Can we forget about the things I said when I was drunk?
I didn't mean to call you that.

I can't remember what was said or what you threw at me


Please tell me,Please tell me why?
My car is in the front yard

And I'm sleeping with my clothes on

I came in through the window last night

And you're gone gone


It's no surprise to me I am my own worst enemy,
Cuz every now and then I kick the living shit out of me

The smoke alarm is going off when there's a cigarette

Still burning


Please tell me why
My car is in the front yard

And I'm sleeping with my clothes on

I came in through the window last night

And you're gone gone


It's no surprise to me I am my own worst enemy
Cuz every now and then I kick the living shit out of me

Can we forget about the the things I said when I was drunk

I didn't mean to call you that

-Lit, My Own Worst Enemy

Although, i think that letting things go isn't the same way as letting sleeping dogs lie. Sleeping dogs wake up eventually. I'm just saying.

At this point, my mind has wandered off to other blog topics. I'd love to expound further on this matter, but for now, i just want to let it go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits