Requiescat In Pace

we were brothers.

granted, the past few years, we hardly spoke to each other.

the hard partying, hard charging, hardingest hardcore cousin i have, went down fighting.

by losing, he won. he freed himself and everybody from the pain.

That's the cousin i know.

Defiant to the end.

Rest in peace bro. The band will do a reunion tour in your honor.


-----
postscript: 

Reading this post after a year or so, I have had more than enough time to contemplate.

now i can lash out:

What the fuck did I do to ruin this?

Granted I am a selfish, thieving, arrogant bastard, who the hell in the group isn't? What made me so special I became the pariah?

I still have no fucking clue. And yes, the band did a reunion. And we laughed, got teary-eyed. Drank a lot as usual. Swore to resume the brotherhood despite the fact one has fallen.

Guess again. Can't stand talking to one, and haven't heard from the other. And I don't mind. More importantly, neither do they.

We're all older. Weaker. Hostage to the concerns of assuming responsibility.

You being dead does not change the fact that we all outgrew each other.

That's probably sad to a certain degree. But here we are.

I outlived you, bro. I'm not surprised. Wanna hear my secret?

My bitterness isn't based on someone else.

I hate myself more than you, or anybody else for that matter, could.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits