Jumpstarter

wow... for the longest time i felt guilty about not writing in an entry, only to realize it has only been nine days since my last blog. I fell down to the flu last Monday and Tuesday, so it's only now that i got some free time.

there's been a blaze of activity since i joined the escudo, and i spent the last few weeks in a blaze of meetings, getting to know the beer's top bosses and getting in with the flow.

it helped a lot that my co-workers in the department were all intellectual and (to some extent) emotional peers -- a sharp contrast to the times when i had to play referee to cutthroat salespersons and subjugate myself to an egomaniac numbskull whose personal profit and ambition comes first. i won't go so far as to say that ego and ambition would not rear their ugly heads here, but at least the rules don't keep changing. My boss is very nice, very encouraging, and so far i haven't let her down in work. My teammates all have the support group mentality down pat, so all i have to do is work as hard as they do and i may have got it made.

During my first four weeks, i've already gone out of town once (two days)and partipated in 2 team-building seminars. I've eaten cake and ice cream for most of these four weeks as every day seems to be a reason for celebrating. I've had the rare pleasure of drinking during office hours (we were meeting with band members who like to drink any time of the day), and taped two VOs for the company newsweekly.

I'm slated to wear a costume next, do a bar tour, and visit some provincial sites next month. Soon, i might even anchor the news segment video, write an article for the magazine, and maybe play in a band -- not lead vocals, but an actual instrument. All maybe, but it's riled me up.

Now, if only i can put in some time for work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits