If silence when artificial is deafening. I'd rather be deaf than blind...

Ive told myself so many times before
But this time I think I mean it for sure
We have reached a full stop
Nothings gonna save us from the big drop

Reached our natural conclusion
Outlived the illusion
I hate being in these situations
That call for diplomatic relations

If I only knew the answer
Or I thought we had a chance
Or I could stop this
I would stop this thing from spreading like a cancer

What can I say? (I dont want to play) anymore
What can I say? Im heading for the door
I cant stand this emotional violence
Leave in silence

Weve been running around in circles all year
Doing this and that and getting nowhere
Thisll be the last time
(I think I said that last time)

If I only had a potion,
Some magical lotion
That could stop this, I would stop this
I would set the wheels in motion

- Depeche Mode, "Leave in silence"

I guess some things are better left unsaid. In the aftermath of the storm's devastation, i guess i'm lucky to have the opportunity to realize that there are matters far more important and pressing than to question yourself.

For those about to ask, this has nothing to do with my real life. I just have this habit of checking my sanity every now and then. Sometimes, these questions get the better of me, but like i said, there are far more important things forthcoming. Like Dinosaur Jr's arrival. And this storm-brought opportunity to help those who really need help.

I have only one life to live. It's far too short to question the choices you make in the past.

I cannot bring back time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits