San-cramento

As of May, i remain hopeful that the local Adidas stores should be carrying anything that has the word "Kings" on it. As the official outfitter of the NBA, they have a number of team-specific goodies that i would snap up in a heartbeat. Since they have a large prsence here, i was hoping they'd carry a number of goods that featured my favorite team. I started asking around February, and so far, i snagged a single black shirt with a modest Kings logo at the center.

the shirt's ok, but considering that the jerseys, sweatshirts, practice Ts, and tanks carry the more popular teams: dallas, chicago, boston, cleveland, the hated lakers, i feel alone in my devotion to Sacramento's baskteball club.

Then came great news, i left my number at a few outlets so that they can contact me whenever a new shipment with Kings gear arrives. This particular friendly one from Megamall called the other night to excitedly inform me that he was able to get a Kings superstar collection shoe. Since he bought it during the employee sale, he's selling it to me 33% cheaper than the store price. of course i said yes, and earlier today trooped to the store to claim my prize.

As i met friendly dude, he was practically wetting himself with the prospect of getting a clean profit from a sure deal. While getting the box, he was telling me this was one of the few models with "SAN" stitched on it. Turned out that in his excitement, dude got the names wrong.

San? Sancramento Kings? Uh-oh. I hope it's a genuine typo error which would make the shoe more valuable.

Horror upon horror piled on me as i saw my first glimpse of the box's insides: it was black, not purple. "San" turned out to be the San Antonio Spurs.

Dude got the wrong team.

Everything became hazy afterwards. I dont know how i got back to my office but Rolli said i was muttering "tanga-tanga naman kasi" the whole time.


p.s. As of 5:33, i am also being outbid in a local auction for a rare Kings jersey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits