Spake too soon

Or is it speaketh? Anyway, whatever it is, i did too soon my last blog.

less than 24 hours after i hit the publish button, i was summoned to the post office by a small letter informing me that i have a package to pick up.

needless to say, i did so first thing in the morning (around 10 am actually, stupid coding day made me wait), and nel could see me grinning from the post office window back to the car as i lovingly carried my tear-proof package from the States. I opened it quickly, and nel had to remind me to get back to work, and i can't carry the four jerseys with me as she wants to have it laundered first, being 2nd hand clothing from the States. She wagged a finger at me and mumbled something about anthrax, or worse, B.O. Once she gets in that mood, no point arguing, so i swung the wheel and tried to forget. It's laundry day tomorrow anyway.

And i did try to get myself busy. So much that i bought a Kings Ron Artest action figure when i saw it displayed at Toy Kingdom. Throw in the Mexicali burrito i ate for lunch, and i'd say it was a sweet day.


Then, there was this conversation over at the office about the sweet little girl my boss adopted for a year. She wants me to adopt her permanently after the one year, and she is really a pretty, smart, and great two year old. I had to decline, as i am in no position to adopt, financially and mentally, and i jokingly told them that i'd have to give up nel. Agnes, another colleague, piped in that maybe if i gave up my Kings collection, i could afford to adopt.

I shot her a look of pure poison, and Rolli had to restrain me from committing a misdmeanor. Or was it a felony? Anyway, i was dead set on pulling her hair...

Soon as i got home, i lovingly tried on the four Kings jerseys over my shirt and found to my glee that two can passably fit. they're all youth sizes, but with what they feed american kids lately, i took a chance snapping up the jerseys and it turned out a good gamble. I also hung them in the place where they'll eventually wind up, a good view away as i type this entry.
nothing like a good addition to your hobby to sweeten the day. Never get in the way of a man's hobby as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crisis of confidence

Day Two: Diary of a Starfish

Here's to a thousand hits